Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Game Killer

I have this term. "Game Killer."

It's a funny term really, because I've never EVER thought of myself as having "game." I decided that this has to change if I ever want to get a date, and then keep a date. I always thought that me just being me would be enough. Not that I'm saying I'm not usually me, but sometimes you gatta step it up, you know?

So the first thing I ever called "game killer" was when I was trying to hook up with this girl, and a bunch of us were supposed to get together. My friend decided to pick a place to meet so far away from her, that she decided she didn't want to come out. I mean COME ON! What's a girl to do? Luckily I convinced everyone to head over to her place instead...game?

The next "game killer" that occurred wasn't so bad. I was out on a...date? I wasn't sure, things felt in limbo. Near the end of the night I saw the jukebox, saw that I could pick 7 songs for $2 and thought "This'll be perfect, picking 7 songs together, flipping through the records, getting excited about songs, joking and laughing." We go put our money in, and it won't take our bills or coins. GAME KILLER! there it was, the perfect opportunity to practice a little game, and I got shut down!

But yesterday was the biggest killer of game yet. I was supposed to go on a date last night, I was actually kind of excited. I was so hoping this post was going to be epic first first-date post. Instead I woke up yesterday morning to a text from my roommate telling me that we have fleas. Had this been a normal day for the both of us we would have probably cleaned the kitchen, baked some cookies, looked for apartments, and maybe watched some How I Met Your Mother. Now, we could've still done that yesterday and de-fleaed the house, except that our dryer is broken. So after waging war on the house and the fleas, we locked the newly Frontlined kitty in the basement, bug bombed the house, and went and did over 13 loads of laundry. GAME EATEN ALIVE BY FLEAS!!! Needless to say I had to rain check on the date, which totally sucks because my life keeps getting busier and busier, and I don't know when I'm going to find time to go on first dates. Can't someone I already know just fall in love with me?

That's for another post in another blog at another time. For now I'm feeling a bit discouraged with online dating. It's just my up-and-down emotions the past few days, topped with my frustration at the time it's taking to meet people (it's only been a week, it takes time...blah blah, I'm not a patient person!) and wondering when I could actually fit meeting these people into my life, when I feel so overwhelmed already. I won't give up, I just need to be re-energized. Online dating is exhausting...

But hopefully it's not killing my real life game.

No comments:

Post a Comment